Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Television is running/ruining my life



My name is Jennifer and I am addicted to television.

I have been an addict for many years now.
I blame Buffy the Vampire Slayer because that was the show that first got its claws into me.
I would never dream of missing a show.
It wouldn't matter what else was going on.
A sick child.
A party.
A vacation.
I would park myself infront of the television and watch.
 Completely ignoring everyone and everything around me.
Other shows began to attach themselves.
Felicity
Gilmore Girls
Supernatural
Alias
and oh God......LOST......how I miss you
As the years have passed I have built up such an addiction that I hoard shows on my DVR.
Because of this I had to get my own DVR because Chris and Christopher kept recording things and clogging up my valuable space.
The nerve of those two!
On my DVR sits every episode of
The Walking Dead
The Killing
American Horror
Glee
I save these shows so I can go back and watch episodes again.....and again.....and again.

Here is pretty much my week

Sunday 
8 pm Once Upon A Time
9pm watch The Killing record Desperate Housewives
10 pm go to bed record GCB

Monday
7pm watch Desperate Housewives from Sunday
8 pm watch How I Met Your Mother record Bones
9 pm record House watch Game of Thrones from sunday night 
10 pm go to bed record Smash

Tuesday
7 pm watch GCB from Sunday
8 pm  Glee 
8:30 pm record Cougar Town
9 pm watch New Girl 
10 pm go to bed.....I need my beauty sleep I am going to be 40 in a few weeks

Wednesday
7 pm watch House from Monday
8 pm watch Being Human on demand from Monday
9 pm Modern Family record Ghost Hunters
10 pm watch Revenge 

Thursday 
7 pm watch Ghost Hunters
8 pm watch Missing
9 pm watch Grey's Anatomy record The Office

Friday
watch anything I recorded but didn't watch yet
9 pm Supernatural

So what do you think? Am I addicted? Should I seek help? Is there a support group?




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you may be addicted, but hey... TV or crack? Which is worse I ask you? I say crack. Enjoy your tv!
I think the first shows I remember watching like that were Sex And the City and some of those early Sun night HBO series. People would give me crap for being so into my tv shows and I would be like, hey, it's not TV, it's HBO.
Perfect slogan.

Andrew Leon said...

Ah, TV...
those were the days.

Muriel said...

I love TV shows. What is not to love about them? Right now, in the UK, we have "Homeland" and I am addicted to it too. I suppose that's just the way we are...

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva