Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter and the WHAT DO I HAVE TO LIVE FOR NOW?!

Heeeeeeelllllllooooooo people of the internet! TODAY, my friends, today is the day. The day of excitement and tears. Laughs....and wanting to rip my heart out. Heart warming overwhelming happiness...and then a never ending spiral of depression into a black abyss. In case you haven't figured this out yet, I am of course talking about the premiere to the final Harry Potter movie.

And in case you haven't figured this out yet either, this is not the woman that you know and love, this is her daughter, Amber. I don't know if you've heard of me because she rarely ever mentions me, her favorite child, on her blog. All joking aside, my loving and caring mother decided that she wanted to surround herself in Harry Potter books, clothes, and movies today and allow the nostalgia to overcome her. So because of this, her blogging duties got passed down to me, her totally awesome daughter.

Anyway, back to business. The premiere's of the movie in NYC and London legitimately made me cry. I was watching them on a livestream and completely bawling my eyes out, as my brother watched and looked at me like I lost my mind. But the argument that I am a bigger Harry Potter fan then either my mom or my brother is a story for another day, today I just wanted to call out a few random things I was thinking about as I remember my entire childhood before midnight tonight when it ends:

1. At the London premiere when Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) came out and walked the red carpet THE ENTIRE CROWD started singing "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape" from the Potter Puppet Pals. (If you haven't watched "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" please promptly go to YouTube and check it out. I'll wait........finished? Good. Moving On). It was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen, and then he told the interviewer that he indeed knew the song and thought that the writers should be millionaires. Which was very nice of him, if I say so myself.

2. MATTHEW LEWIS. Oh My Rowling, Neville Longbottom you looked so so soooo perfect. This man deserves an award for Most Triumphant Emergence Through Puberty, I...I have no more words. I'm taking the next plane to London to marry him.


3. Moving on from the premiere's I just want to say that I think that Draco Malfoy's character is brillant in the books and movies. And Yes, I know that this is the unpopular opinion but I think that Malfoy is in the end the most complex character in the series. Where Harry has no other choice but to be good all the time because of the people he surrounds himself with. Malfoy, one the other hand, is just a misunderstood kid with a father that didn't really care for him and on top of that they are in the circle with the Dark Lord. He had no choice but to be bad. You feel so bad for him because you can tell that it's not what he wants, he so conflicted because of what he knows is right and how he knows he is supposed to act. You see this more towards the end of the series, and it absolutely just breaks your heart. You wanna just give the boy a hug to make everything all better.

4. Oliver Wood. I need more Oliver Wood, all the time. He should be in all the movies and books. AND NO! This is not biased because of my infatuation with Sean Biggerstaff and how I imagine him whisking me away to his home in Scotland and having beautiful little babies with him. He is so determined with his quidditch playing and he thinks the best out of people, which is something that you really look for in a decent person...or a husband.

5. WHERE IS PEEVES?!? The poltergeist, Peeves, is for some unknown reason missing from the movies. Why you may ask? I have absolutely no idea, they have all of those other useless ghosts there but they don't have the trouble-making, hysterical Peeves? For shame, for shame.

6.  The fact that they wear muggle clothes practically the entire time in the movies makes me really irritated. If i ever meet Alfonso Cuaron (the director who made it that they don't have to wear their robes) I will punch him straight in the nose. They are not supposed to do that! They don't even know how to dress like normal muggles in the book, whenever the Weasley's go out in public they look disheveled and terrible because they're no supposed to know how to properly dress. WHY WHY WHY.

But I digress, I will not go on a rant about what I would change and what I would keep about the movies in relation to the books. And you do not want to hear my rant about what a terrible actress Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) is. So I will leave you here, to go about your day as you will, I will take no more of your time.

Tonight at midnight, my entire childhood will end and my skeleton will lie in the cinema forever. Just kidding, but really my mom will most likely have to drag me out of the theater because I will be clinging to my chair refusing to believe that it is all over.


Amber

5 comments:

Kerry Ann @Vinobaby's Voice said...

I'm with you. I have the DVD of Part I waiting for viewing tonight and our tickets for the 9 a.m. show beside me. Can't wait, but still sad.

And yes, Neville turned out very well...

Cheers. VB

Deborah Lawrenson said...

Hope you all have an amazing, wonderful night!

Unknown said...

AMBER, it's great to meet you!!!! WOW!!!! And it turns out you're an awesome writer like your mom. Of course I'm not surprised she would raise a supremely awesome daughter.

Have fun tonight! And, yes, wow, Neville turned out hot hot hot! :)

Also, interesting perspective on Malfoy. I had always thought of him as a wanna be bad boy who just isn't that bad... I had never thought of it like that before.

Great post, thanks!

Muriel said...

Hello Amber! Great to meet you! And you are a very talented writer too. I am very jealous as I don't have any tickets yet and in London everything is just sold out.
Anyway, have a great evening and tell us all about it.

Liz Schulte's Blog said...

Best line ever, "This man deserves an award for Most Triumphant Emergence Through Puberty" ahahahaha. Also I completely agree with you are Oliver Wood!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva