Thursday, July 21, 2011

Zombie Apocalypse Bunker

Stacey's got me thinking about zombies.




I think it is a good idea to build a shelter.

Here are some guidelines I would follow:

Make your shelter large enough to have 30 square feet per person.
This will allow for space to sleep......I would go with collapsable bunks but that is just my preference.
Have a secure weapons room. This will be the space that all of your various defense weapons are stored, cleaned and repaired.
Food area should have enough food for the number of people you are supporting in your shelter.
Remember to have at least 1 gallon of water per day per person. A human can live on average 3 to 5 days without water and up to 3 weeks without food. I am sure neither would be a pleasant way to perish.
So its best not to have to find out how long you would last.
Medication, First Aid, Knives, Duct Tape, Flashlights, Batteries and Plastic bags are just a few other supply suggestions I recommend.
I also think it would be beneficial to have some form of entertainment.
Music, Books (of course) and games will be essential in order to keep away that feeling of confinement.
Ensuring that your air filtering system is in top working order is also essential as humans can only last a measley 3 minutes without air.

It is important to make sure your shelter is well stocked as the biggest key in surviving a zombie apocalypse is to AVOID THE ZOMBIES so the fewer trips you need to make to gather more supplies the better.

Are you claustrophobic? Afraid of small spaces? Have a fear of living for a period of time underground?

Check out this link for the first ever zombie proof house.



Also you should check out the CDC'S (Center for Disease Control) zombie preparedness 101....yes the CDC has everything you need to know for preparing for a zombie apocalypse as well as other disaster related information on their website. 
Follow the link


I hope this information helps in your Zombie Apocalypse preparation. 
Have a Thrilling Thursday


5 comments:

Author Dawn Brazil said...

LOL I love that. I'm all prepared now for the outbreak. Thanks for that valuable info. I'm printing it out and posting it on the fridge next to my Hurricane Preparedness info. There is such a short opportunity to prepare for both catastrophes. A hundred thanks - you just saved some lives.

Andrew Leon said...

Just one question: which kind of zombies are we talking about here? The new, diseased ones or the old school re-animated dead ones?

Liz Schulte's Blog said...

Zombies must be in the air right now. That house is awesome I could live there zombies or not. I definitely have my zombie survival plan and location scouted. I haven't watched every zombie movie and read the Zombie Survival Guide to perish in the first day. hahaha

Unknown said...

ok, you are so unbelievably awesome i will follow you to the ends of the earth......
:)
just please don't tell my stalker b/c i hope she won't try to hurt you...
lmao
:)
hey, wanna copost tomorrow??????
hahahhahahaha.....

Muriel said...

I am all set. You see, in London, we have vaults and basements. It will be a good shelter!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva