Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Sugar Queen


The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

Josey has a hateful mother an addiction to sugar and a surprise living in her closet.
Chloe is betrayed by her love and stalked by self help books.

Sarah Addison Allen does an amazing job of making you truely like her characters. You will find yourself wishing the residents of the town of Bald Slope North Carolina existed so you could travel there and become friends with Josey and Chloe.

The Sugar Queen is an easy read with Candy named Chapters which adds to the whimsy of the novel. I found this book to be as addicting as the candy Josey loves so much. You will find yourself ignoring your responsibilities while you submerge yourself into Josey's world.

I have recommended this book to all of my friends for the pure pleasure of reading. I guarentee this book can cure any grumpy mood the moment you enter the mysterious magical town Ms. Allen so skillfully created.

If you would like to read the more about this book you can visit www.sarahaddisonallen.com. Ms. Allen has two additional books : The Girl Who Chased The Moon and Garden Spells. I have read both of these as well and I liked them equally as much as I liked The Sugar Queen.

Joyful Reading to you All!

1 comment:

Kerry Ann @Vinobaby's Voice said...

I loved this book and her other novels as well. I can't wait for her next book to be released later this month. Happy reading!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva