Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Am A Technology Whore

I can't help it!
As much as I sometimes hate technology......
mostly because someone is always asking me to fix it for them.
I just crave the latest and greatest.
Right now I would definitely consider myself an Apple maniac.
I have it all iPad, MacBook, iPod and now a company supplied iPhone.
I do not know how I existed without this thing.
It is actually replacing Amber as my most trusted companion.
The boy wanders around the house aimlessly searching for his mother while I sit quietly holding my beloved device awaiting the chime from a new email or text message.
I downloaded the most awesome ringtones.....
Harry Potter theme for all calls
Mrs Weasley's howler for when Amber calls
Pam from TrueBlood saying Blah Blah Vampire Emergency Blah whenever I get a text message!
I am so giddy with excitement.

Please don't tell Microsoft about my new found love or they may take my MCSE Certification away.

I secretly have a new goal to become an Mac Genius
That is what they call their tech experts geniuses 
How cool would that be?

Sorry am I nerding out on you? 
I apologize

Yesterday while dropping my son off to my lovely sister in law
my niece Ashley crawled out of bed at the early hour of 8 am 
I immediately looked outside to see if the apocalypse had started because 
Ashley does not rise until at least noon 
With sadness she cradled her beloved Mac
"My Mac is dead" she said 
Unfurling my tech superhero cape I said
"Let me have a look"
It was indeed very sick but I new I could heal it so I convinced her to let me take it
I gently walked it to my car and placed it in the seat beside me 
I immediately began the diagnosis and was able to replace the hard drive and bring her baby back to life!
And the crowd roared!
Well me making the roaring crowd sound filled the room but whatever!
You see this was my first Mac repair
I can rip any PC out of deaths clutches but this is the first time I saved a Mac

Sorry nerding out again

Although I do loathe technology and its lack of personal contact
I do crave its genius and all the magic it holds

How about you? What do you think of technology?





4 comments:

Liz Schulte's Blog said...

I'm not that into technology. I have laptops, a nook, and a smart phone, but mostly technology and I watch each other with a leery eye waiting for the other to make her move.

Unknown said...

I am addicted, what can I say! I am in love with my phone. I am in recovery currently because while on vacaation I had to use all my energy to survive without a cell signal for a few 24 hour periods. The horror, the humanity! Although, yes, I also hate how no one sits and talks any more, the more we all love our technology.

Also, I have a force field, as you know, that destroys all technology items that I touch. I am therefor not allowed to touch anyone's ipods or iphones or any Mac product. Sigh. I'll live vicariously through you and posts like this.

Ok, now I have to figure out how to get the vampire emergency ringtone.

A mac repair... you are super amazing!

Andrew Leon said...

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Mostly hate. I freak out without internet access, but I hate computers. In the same way that I hate cars. I just want them to -work-. Beyond that, I try to avoid technology as much as possible. We only have a blu-ray player because someone gave it to us. We don't have cell phones. We don't have any gadgets beyond my kids iDogs and my wife's ipod, which she doesn't use because she can't seem to keep it charged.

Mostly, I just avoid these things because I don't -want- to get hooked on them. What I want is to have actual friends I can sit down with and play board games and things like that with. But, alas, those things are long gone...

Ashley McBride said...

Hahah glad I could help out with your first mac repair, Aunt Jenn.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva