Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Latest Library Additions

My sister in law Letitia aka Tish suggested I read the Frankenstein books by Dean Koontz.
I was like ehh I read Frankenstein....I know the story and I am not a huge Frankie fan (except if its Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror)



But she insisted and we generally have the same taste in books....not men she married my brother after all and that would be weird.
Anyway...she loaned me the first four books in the series and I dumped them onto my to read pile.



On Saturday while sitting in the Mom Cave watching the rain pour from the sky as the lightning flashed
sending shrieks from me, Perry, my son and my nephew.
I thought how cool would it be to read about Frankenstein in a lightning storm.
I picked up the first in the series entitled Prodigal Son
and I was hooked with the first paragraph.
So far I love every character I have met even the creepy serial killer guy.
If you are a regular follower you know I would not waste your time or hard earned money suggesting a book unless it is rockin awesome so I will reserve my full recommendation until I finish but as of right now...
I am really hooked and loving this book.

I also wanted to share some additions to my book collection

These were given to me by my lovely sister Judith. The books sandwiched in the middle are actually Catholic versions of Dick and Jane....not sure why catholic versions were necessary but apparently in 1954 someone thought they were...regardless of their purpose they are beautifully illustrated and in near perfect condition. There is also an amazing copy of Huck Finn and Treasure Island again beautiful illustrations inside as well as cover art that adds to their loveliness.
So thanks Jude you are the best!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!




7 comments:

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Hi, Jennifer.

I was just stopping by for a visit on the She Writes blog hop when...BAM...Frankenfurter. Fantastic. For a Halloween party in college (many, many years ago), a friend of mine dressed as him. What was funny was it was the same year I went as a little girl, complete with pigtails and teddy bear. What a demented couple we must have looked like dancing.

Enjoyed your site.

Meg Waite Clayton said...

>Catholic versions of Dick and Jane

I think I learned to read on these! The stack is lovely.

Liz Schulte's Blog said...

I haven't read those, I am with you about Rocky Horror Picture Show though. I will have to check it out. I think the last Koontz book I read was Odd Thomas.

Deborah Swift said...

Wow, your sister has great taste! I love illustrated books. They don't illustrate books for adults much anymore, do they? Enjoyed your site!

Muriel said...

You are a prolific reader! How do you find the time?

Creepy Query Girl said...

what is better than a sister? A sister who will give you free books! LOL, these sound great, thanks for the recomendation!

Lesa said...

Love that Dr. Frankenfurter! My hubby does such a great impression of the Dr that I fixed him up as the character yrs ago!! Funny and I wish I had a photo of it.

A friend keeps bragging on the Koontz Franenstein series and is planning to loan them to me-- glad to hear you like it too. Nothing worse than a friend loaning a stinker!! Cause what can you say?

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva