Monday, April 25, 2011

Harry Potter Day



Everyone knows that I am a huge Harry Potter Geek
 and 
I am sure everyone knows that my children are as well

My son and I decided that during his Easter aka Spring Break we would have a 
Harry Potter Day!
I know sounds awesome right?
Well you are right it was awesome we had a great time doing all things Harry Potter

We put on our Harry Potter gear....robe, scarf and of course wands

Made ourselves some butterbeer and pumpkin juice and gathered all 7 of the movies

Then we watched the movies while building his latest addition to his 
Harry Potter Lego Collection
Diagon Alley (it's really cool and very detailed)





We played Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on Wii....Had duels with our wands while jumping on the trampoline.......made plaster busts of Harry and Dumbledore 
(it was a kit I bought I will share when they are dry)

We ended the day with reading a few pages from each of our favorite Harry Potter books.

I love spending time with my son we had a great time together and not once did he seem to be embarrassed about hanging with his mom...Next we are going to have a Star Wars Day 
(or so he has requested)

I hope everyone had a nice Easter or if you don't celebrate Easter I hope you had a nice weekend!

Have an Magical Monday!

2 comments:

Bluestocking Mum said...

I've been dragged along with HP by my boys. JK has brainwashed my two for sure!

We have all the books, Lego, DVD's, games, even wands lying around our house. And when I came out of hospital last October following major surgery and could hardly function, my eldest son and I sat and watched all the HP movies through in anticipation of the Deathly Hallows release in November (I'm pleased to say I was well enough to be able to go out to the cinema and see it when it was released)


x

Jordan McMakin said...

This is wonderful. I would have loved to have a celebration like this when I was young. You sound like such a fun mom :)

I hope you had a lovely Easter too!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Alice's Room and Wonderland backgrounds kits by Irene Alexeeva